Monday 4 July 2011

Camp at Balsam Lake, Canada Day in Peterborough

On 1st July, Ingrid and I went to Peterborough to celebrate Canada Day with Luisa, Mark and Jonathan. We walked to the town multicultural parade and then joined a thousand or more others on the lakeside lawns where there was a multicultural concert that you could watch while munching on multicultural food. We selected the Polish lunch, in part because the queue was not as long as at some of the other booths. The perogies, sausage and sauerkraut were simply delicious. I have uploaded videos I took of bits and pieces of the parade. See my video page.

The weekend before, some of us went camping at Balsam Lake. The weather wasn't too wonderful but we could keep dry thanks to an extra shelter and some tarpaulins that Mark put up. It was very much a case of, "Never mind the weather, just so long as we're together." See my "Balsam Lake" album on the Photo Galleries page, and the three videos on the Video Gallery.

Yesterday, Ingrid and I joined Geoff, Miriam and Claire for a trip to the Toronto Zoo. I have not had a chance to get the photos for that into an album yet.