Tuesday 23 August 2011

Blatchford could have learnt from Jack Layton

It's fitting his death is a public spectacle - National Post today.


What a pathetic, ill-timed, inappropriate, vainglorious piece of journalistic spectacle expectorated by Christie Blatchford. As I listened to the news today somebody was quoted as saying, "She has the right to write it, I have the right to trash it."  I couldn't agree more.

As someone who has cancer myself I have to ask what or where is the journalistic ethic of pitting one cancer sufferer against others? Or of comparing one grieving family against others? Her behaviour in writing this "piece" is common and completely lacking in the common touch - something she could certainly have learnt from Jack Layton. Stephen Harper himself could teach her a lot about largesse and a spirit of generosity - and regular readers of this blog will know that I am not a fan of his.

This sort of "journalism" is fit only for the garbage.