God: I sent you floods; I sent you drought; I sent you scientists and now I send you Pope Francis.
What Pope Francis (himself a chemical scientist) wants to tell us regarding climate change:
- Climate change is real, and it's getting worse.
- Human beings are a major contributor to climate change.
- Climate change disproportionately affects the poor.
- We can and must make things better.
- Individuals can help, but politicians must lead the charge.
This is a Time article from two years ago. It is more timely than ever with the Trump Administration pulling out of the Paris Accord.
The 5 Most Important Points of Pope Francis's Climate Change Encyclical
|Pope Francis on June 13, 2015 in Vatican City. Franco Origlia—Getty Images|