Sunday 18 February 2007

Eyes etc.

I had my 2nd eye surgery on Wednesday Feb. 14 and it is wonderful to be able to see without glasses. I have discovered that my right eye has sharper vision than my left but that can be as a result of a huge floater in my left eye which I have had for 14 years. The surgeon said that it may be more pronounced for a while because my vision is now much clearer. After a while I will forget about it again. I have been so aware of everything around me that I have been cleaning the house all weekend having become aware of dust ect. that I just didn't see before.....

Anyway, back to work tomorrow. We are starting to build our new shelter for families very soon and I am involved in the preparation and decision making process - this is exciting and daunting at the same time and months of hard work lie ahead.

The weather here is hovering around -8/-10 but the wind chill has made more like -20......very cold indeed. We have had a fair amount of snow but not as much as some other parts of the country where people have been snowed in for days. However to Judith's delight we did have a snow day on Wednesday so she got to sleep in. That was the day of my surgery too and we had to be at the hospital at 6 am - got there a little late at around 6.20 but so was everybody else including the surgeon.

We briefly spoke to Stephen on Saturday. He was on his way to BC/ Whistler for a week of snowboarding with his friends from university. One of them has a friend or family where they can stay - the friend or family probably does not know what they let themselves in for.! He'll be back next weekend and we'll celebrate his birthday.
Miriam and a group of her friends have also gone skiing/snowboarding this weekend at Blue Mountain - a resort about two hours from here.

Also spoke to Mark this morning via Skype - the reception was not very good and he'll try again tomorrow. I know he has been to see his Opa and I am keen to know how that went.
The rest of us are doing well here at home.. though life here may seem a bit dull compared to that of the travellers in this family!

Much love from us all.
Ingrid.