Tuesday 17 April 2012

CN Tower Climb for Species At Risk

I received this email from Judith which I pass along (ever so slightly edited)...


Hi Everyone,

I am climbing the CN Tower this Saturday for fun, for a physical challenge, but most importantly to raise awareness about species at risk especially for those in Canada.
You can help in a number of ways:
1) Join me this Saturday to climb the CN Tower
2) Discuss this event and the importance of raising awareness of the species we live on this earth with who are at risk of becoming endangered and extinct
3) Sponsor me by donating to my climb. You can give cash, cheque, or more easily online at http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=3281481&langPref=en-CA (tax receipts will be provided for donations over $20)
For those of you who cannot sponsor me, thank you for your support. Please pass this along to any friends and family who you think may be interested.

Thank you :)

Judith McCann

Below I have provided some species that are currently at risk. The information comes directly from Species at Risk Public Registry.
Species at risk can be threatened, extirpated, endangered, or of special concern
There are about 870 species at risk in Canada. For an idea of what they are you can visit: http://www.sararegistry.gc.ca/sar/index/default_e.cfm